Break

Work it: Part-time jobs expo for international students

LOOKING to earn money while you study? We’re hosting a Part-time Jobs Expo just for you… and it’s free! Don’t forget to register!

Part-time-jobs-expo-for-international-students

Explore opportunities, learn from others and get one-on-one advice.

As the rush of a new semester settles into a routine, it’s time to start thinking about getting that part-time job to help pay the bills, or fund that road trip you’ve always wanted to take with your friends.

But where should you look for part-time work? And what should you expect to receive for a day’s worth of hard work?

Taking place on Monday May 5 from 5.00 – 8.00pm at Drill Hall on Therry St in Melbourne, the Part-time Jobs Expo will expose you to the range of jobs that international students can consider applying for, and the companies and employers that are hiring.

Sessions will be running throughout the evening focused on job-hunting techniques, work rights and panels where employers and students share their insights and experiences.

There’ll also be an opportunity to get advice and feedback on your CVs and resumes by career counsellors.

Best of all, the event is free and everyone is welcome to come along. We do however, encourage you to register to ensure a seat at the speaker sessions.

Priority will also be given to students who have registered and who have brought along a copy of their CV or resume to get feedback from career counsellors.

Don’t miss out! Register now on Eventbrite.

The Part-time Jobs Expo is jointly hosted by the City of Melbourne, the International Student Care Service, the Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria, United Voice, the Australian Federation of International Students and Meld Magazine.

17 Responses to “Work it: Part-time jobs expo for international students”

1. Carol Adriaanse says:

Is this only for international students?

• Karen Poh says:

Hi Carol,

Domestic students are welcome to attend, though the information and advice provided on the day will be focused on addressing the specific needs of international students seeking part-time work in Melbourne, including issues such as legal requirements for their student visas, work rights, and employability etc.

Hope that helps!

• nare p says:

hello ,
        Greetings of the day madam,
        i have some queries about part time jobs…
        im enrolled in CSU study center melb,
        so i am really concerned about the jobs i may be working with ?
        so what type of jobs will i be working with?
        and are they safe?
        And to what extent can working part time help me with (in AUD??)
        regards
        nare p

• Anonymous says:

hi there,
          part time jobs take time to find and are not easy. in fact you’ll get paid a shockingly low amount of money

2. Dhruv says:

I will get my resume with me but How can I register a seat in Speaker session.. ?

3. George says:

Which companies are comming

4. Chang says:

The session for resume help and speaker are currently full but I would like to attend both. May I know is there still chance for me to go?

5. yen says:

The event location is it near Victoria Market or near Footscary ? When I search it using google map it give two different places and those places have Therry st….

• Anonymous says:

It is in therry st at the multicultural hall. If you are coming from Airport West, Brunswick, coburg, Moreland, Royal Park, Parkville, Essendon, Moonee Ponds, Ascot Vale, Newmarket and North Melbourne do take the number 57,59 or 19 trams and get off at the corner of Victoria and Elizabeth st and it is right across the road from the market. There will be signs from the Multicultural directing people there

6. Tianwei says:

Hi,
    I’d like to attend this session. While I didn’t find the register page. Is it ok, just telling u here?

7. Kim says:

I see that all of the tickets are sold out at the moment. Is there any other ways that I could register? I really want to attend this session. And if I can’t register, will I be able to have my CV looked over by the experts?

8. Ye Htet Aung says:

All tickets are sold out! I still want to attend. Is that ok if I come without registering?

9. grace says:

I want to join too. But all the tickets are already sold out. Is there still a chance for us to join this event even though we are not registered?

10. Rita wang says:

Would like to attend generation admits soon and resume help sessions

About

Meld Magazine was incorporated as an independent not-for-profit media outlet in September 2008 to reach out to international students in Melbourne, and provide students the opportunity to gain real work experience.

Many international students live in or around the city because of the proximity to their colleges and universities, and that was where we decided to focus our efforts first. Many of us live, work and study locally too. Our editorial team is made of both local and international students, and it has worked to our advantage in providing local content in every sense of the word.

Meld Magazine – Melbourne's international student news website © 2015 All Rights Reserved