The Human Rights Arts and Film Festival’s (HRAFF) mission is to make human rights accessible and engaging to everyone through creative media. Our vision is a vibrant human rights culture and community across Australia. To achieve both our vision and our mission, we work with and engage our audiences, sponsors & donors and the creative community to provide:
- An annual film and arts festival;
- A community education program; and
- A variety of other human rights focused initiatives and projects.
HRAFF infuses its values throughout the organisation. In all facets of the business we are:
- Always seeking to educate.
HRAFF endeavours to:
- Advance and encourage education, debate and awareness of human rights issues amongst the broader community through creative media.
- Showcase and support Australian and international artists who are concerned with human rights issues.
- Promote works by or about Australia’s indigenous communities.
- Create a stronger, diverse and more cohesive human rights community within Australia
- Promote businesses and organisations that use and advance human rights, fair trade and environmentally friendly policies.
- Encourage participation and patronage from diverse and marginalised communities in Australia.
- Provide patrons with a way to take action by connecting them to human rights organisations and campaigns.
- Ensure the ongoing viability and sustainability of HRAFF.
- Create a professional, reputable and high-profile organisation.