To keep up with our growth, Meld Magazine is looking for a legal intern to join the team. This position will provide three months of learning experience and an opportunity to contribute to the development and growth of the magazine.
With appropriate supervision from industry professionals, the legal intern will assist in the following:
- Developing contract precedents and templates for the magazine
- Developing a proper and efficient filing and documentation process
- Research and advice on compliance with statutory obligations and other applicable legislation and rules
- Drafting policies and procedures
- Research on intellectual property and media law related issues
Internships are unpaid and will have flexible work arrangements. Interns are expected to commit two afternoons a week for a period of three months. Days and time are negotiable.
- Knowledge in Tort Law and Contract Law (knowledge in intellectual property law and/or media law is advantageous)
- Completion of a substantial piece of legal research essay (at least 2500 words)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in technology and passion to reach international students
- Organised and self-motivated
- Responsible, dependable, punctual, efficient and detail-oriented
- Able to work with other member of the team at all levels
About Meld Magazine
Meld Magazine was incorporated as an independent not-for-profit media outlet in September 2008 to reach out to international students in Melbourne, and provide
students the opportunity to gain real work experience.
With no paid staff, Meld relies solely on volunteers. The founders of this magazine include present and former international students from various industries, including
media and marketing, business, law and international student services.
The Meld Magazine office is located in Carlton, Melbourne.
Internships are open to both local and international students. To apply, please email a CV, covering letter expressing your interest and recent academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2012.