TIRED of the boring blue folders sitting on your Mac desktop? Jessica-Anne Lyons shows you how you can customise your desktop icons in a few easy steps.
Nowadays, you can pretty much cute-ify anything. From mobile phone covers to nail art, it seems everyone has been jumping on the bandwagon of adorable customisation.
You can even change the appearance of those little blue folders on your Apple Mac desktop to something much more interesting.
They can go from looking like this:
- Search for icons on Google using the keywords “Mac desktop icons”, or on http://www.iconarchive.com/ and http://pixelgirlpresents.com/icons/48. After finding some that catch your fancy, save them on your computer.
- Right click the folder you want to alter and select “Get Info”. A window should appear.
- Right click the icon you want to use on the folder and select “Get Info”. Another window should pop up.
- In the icon’s window, select the image at the top left corner and copy it (⌘C).
- Then in the folder’s window, select the folder’s image at the top left corner and hit ⌘V. The folder’s image will be replaced with icon.