Victorian International Education Awards 2016 finalists announced
NOMINEES for this year’s prestigious Victorian International Education Awards have been announced. Find out which international students have been recognised for their contributions and efforts. Hieu Chau has the story.
Twenty-eight students across 18 different countries have been selected as finalists for the 2016 Victorian International Education Awards.
The awards celebrate and reward international students and alumni who’ve made positive contributions in their education and towards the local and wider Victorian community.
An official Awards Ceremony will be held on November 21 at Government House to determine the overall winners of each category. With the exception of the International Almnus of the Year, all overall winners of the International Student of the Year awards will receive up to $10,000 which will be contributed to their studies in Victoria.
Minister for International Education Steve Hebert expressed the importance of the Victorian International Education Awards as it recognises “the hard work of Victoria’s international students and the education institutions that support them”.
Nominated international students and their categories are as follows.
International Student of the Year (Vocational Education and Training)
- Edgar Flores – Sunraysia Institute (Philippines)
- Felycia Viffany – Academia (Indonesia)
- Freddy Mata Mendoza – Holmesglen (Venezuela)
- Wittawat Busaracumwong – Holmesglen (Thailand)
International Student of the Year – English Language Training
- Maria Victoria Gonzalez – Swinburne College (Argentina)
- Safi Sarah Mugenga – Hawthorn English (D.R Congo)
- Sheyne de Vasconcelos Tanaka – Hawthorn English (Brazil)
International Student of the Year – Higher Education
- Amit Sarwal – Federation University (India)
- Jingqi Wang – University of Melbourne (China)
- Naufal Aliy Andra Putra – RMIT University (Indonesia)
- Sahil Puri – Victoria University (India)
- Sandar Bredal – University of Melbourne (Norway)
- Yuliana Sari – Swinburne University (Indonesia)
International Student of the Year – Regional
- Alonso Navarro Mendoza – La Trobe University (Mexico)
- Andreas Kupke – Deakin University (Germany)
- Balaji Trichy Narayanaswamy – Deakin University (India)
- Zheng Jie Lim – Monash University (Singapore)
International Almnus of the Year
- Bart Kolodziejczyk – Monash University (Poland)
- Huong Dang – Swinburne University (Vietnam)
- Kashif Bouns – Victoria University (Pakistan)
- Vincent Bicudo de Castro – Monash University (Brazil)
International Student of the Year – Research
- Chenkai Ma – University of Melbourne (China)
- Francois-Marie Allioux – Deakin University (France)
- Jessica Pandohee – RMIT University (Mauritius)
- Michael Lim – Monash University – (Philippines)
Victorian Student of the Year – Internationalisation
- Elena Adams – Deakin University
- Jemma McLeod – Victoria University
- Wesa Chau – Swinburne University