Now recruiting: Videographers and photographers wanted!
Students and/or fresh graduates looking to build a diverse body of video work can now apply as a photographer or videographer with Meld Magazine, Australia’s leading online publication dedicated to international students.
First established in 2008, Meld Magazine is an independent not-for-profit online media organisation with a diverse audience of readers. We seek to provide international students with a platform for their issues and voices to be heard and to ensure that their stories are well-represented within the Australian media landscape.
What can you expect from this voluntary role with Meld Magazine?
- Shoot and edit video/photography content predominately for Meld Magazine’s main editorial website and our social media profiles, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and WeChat
- Collaborate with Meld Magazine’s reporters by conceptualising video stories and/or potential photo essays
- Work closely with Meld Magazine’s editor and multimedia editor and pitch ideas for videos or photos that may be used
- Offsite recces for shoots away from the office
- Archiving past video footage and photos for future use
- Taking original photos for Meld’s personal stock library
Ideal photographers and videographers should:
- Have experience with/working knowledge of editing software applicable to the role they wish to apply for (these include Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop)
- Have their own equipment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
For an idea on the kind of photography you can expect, please visit Meld Magazine’s photo albums on Facebook.
Many of our alumni have gone on to achieve fulfilling careers with companies such as Google, Private Media, News Limited, Channel NewsAsia, Malaysiakini, The Star Online, The Edge Malaysia, The Word Collective, Ogilvy, ING Direct and PwC.
To apply for the role, simply send your CV, a cover letter and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a student who has to complete a Work Integrated Learning unit/course, please specify your required hours to complete the unit in your cover letter.