Victorian International Education Awards 2017: Applications now open!
Calling all international students! Applications for the Victorian International Education Awards have now opened!
But exactly what are the awards and how can you apply?
The Victorian International Education Awards is an initiative by the State Government that promotes the positive contributions of international students in the community and throughout the state of Victoria. Award recipients will receive a $10,000 scholarship which can be used towards their academic studies and will also be recognised as ambassadors for Study Melbourne.
Students and alumni are encouraged to apply to categories such as:
- Premier’s Award for the International Student of the Year (The awardee will receive an additional $10,000 scholarship)
- International Student of the Year – English Language Training
- International Student of the Year – Vocational Education and Training
- International Student of the Year – Higher Education
- International Student of the Year – Research
- International Student of the Year – Regional
- International Alumnus of the Year
- Victorian Student of the Year – Internationalisation
Shortlisted students meanwhile will receive a money-can’t-buy development experience that will assist students build on their leadership skills and own personal development.
Applications are open from now until the August 23. Applying students need to be currently enrolled at a Victorian education institution (unless you’re an alumni applying for the International Alumnus of the Year award). Furthermore, proof of a student visa must be given when applying.