Break


Nominations for 2014 CISA Excellence Awards now open!

KNOW an international student who is outstanding in his/her community? Or are you involved in an international student group that actively engages with others? If so, nominations for the CISA Excellence Awards are now open! Ernest Lee has the details.

Image: CISA

Image: CISA

The Council of International Students Australia (CISA) is presenting a series of awards to international students as well as international student groups during the CISA National Conference 2014, which will take place in Adelaide from July 7 to 9.

CISA will be commemorating the excellence performance and achievements of an individual or group of international students in various aspects and will be awarding the best of the best the CISA Excellence Award in recognition of their outstanding contribution.

The awards will be given out in a few categories.

1. International Student of the Year

For this category, an independent committee made up of industry, government representative and student groups will decide 90 per cent of the results. The other remaining 10 per cent will be voted by international students via “Likes” on Facebook.

There are four awards in this category and one each will be awarded accordingly to the level of study the student is in.

-       Awarded to an international student who is undertaking a Vocational Education and Training (VET) program.

-       Awarded to an international student who is undertaking a college (Pre-U) program.

-       Awarded to an international student who is undertaking an undergraduate program.

-       Awarded to an international student who is undertaking a postgraduate program.

For category number 2 to 5, 80 per cent of the result will be decided by an independent committee made up of industry, government representative and student groups. The other remaining 20 per cent will be voted by international students via “Likes” on Facebook.

2. Most Inspiring International Student of the Year

-       Awarded to an international student who is an inspirational figure that their peers can look up to.

3. Student Association of the Year

-       Awarded to a student association that actively advocates and engages with the international student community.

4. Most Active International Student Club/Association

-       Awarded to an international student club or association who has been actively creating events for international students.

5. Best International Student Event

-       Awarded to an international student club or association which has successfully run an event for their members at a level where it is recognised by the community.

If you think you possess outstanding academic and non-academic achievements and have contributed to the community, send in your application now to award@cisa.edu.au.

Alternatively, if you know of someone or belong to a student association that would be a great fit for any of these awards, do pass the word along.

Award winners will receive a $1000 to their scholarship fund and student club or association winners will receive $1000 to their organisation funding.

Applications are currently open for the CISA Excellence Awards 2014 and will close on May 23.

Apply now for a chance to win a ticket (inclusive of a return flight ticket and accommodation) to attend the CISA National Conference 2014 in Adelaide!

For further information about the CISA Excellence Awards and the CISA National Conference, please refer to CISA website and their official Facebook page.

1 comment on this postSubmit yours
  1. HI,
    I am a 3rd year PhD student in University of Tasmania. I started as an international student and got my Permanent residency by year 2. I did inform this to Graduate research office and i think they made changes to my candidature. But i do get the same scholarship and all things are the same as i started as an international student. Let me know if i can apply for international student awards.

    Thanks
    Benny

Submit your comment

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter your message

About

Meld Magazine was incorporated as an independent not-for-profit media outlet in September 2008 to reach out to international students in Melbourne, and provide students the opportunity to gain real work experience.

Many international students live in or around the city because of the proximity to their colleges and universities, and that was where we decided to focus our efforts first. Many of us live, work and study locally too. Our editorial team is made of both local and international students, and it has worked to our advantage in providing local content in every sense of the word.

Meld Magazine – Melbourne's international student news website © 2014 All Rights Reserved