We’re looking for a new E-newsletter Editor
TIME to pass on the baton as we bid farewell to “Steven, the legend”, our current e-newsletter editor as he graduates from a media and communications degree this year! Apply now.
Every Thursday and Friday, Steven works with our Associate editor and goes through all the stories we have or are about to publish that week. He:
- Updates and customises Meld’s e-newsletter layout based on analytics, feedback and market research
- Curates content from our website and lays it out in the form of an e-newsletter
- Adds all the bells and whistles
- Checks through to make sure there are no spelling, grammar or other tech errors, and
- Delivers it personally to the inbox of our growing subscriber-base.
We call Steven “the legend” for a whole lot of reasons.
- He is a digital native who is always up-to-speed with online trends, technically competent and comfortable with carrying out basic photo and image manipulation.
- He has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- He is highly motivated with the ability to work independently, but is a good team player too.
- He pays attention to detail and is meticulous in his work.
- He works in a timely fashion to meet deadlines, and has excelled at juggling all his responsibilities – from university commitments to the numerous internships he’s taken up throughout the course of his study. And most importantly,
- He has a heart for the international students, which helps him with news judgement to pick out the stories that matter most to the community.
The position of e-newsletter editor is a volunteer role. The bulk of the work will need to be done on a Friday afternoon after all the week’s stories have been published on our website.
To confirm your interest, please email a CV, covering letter and recent academic transcripts to email@example.com by 16 November 2012.
**Based in Carlton, Meld Magazine was incorporated as an independent not-for-profit media outlet in September 2008 to reach out to international students in Melbourne, and provide students the opportunity to gain real work experience. The founders of this magazine include present and former international students from various industries, including media and marketing, business, law and international student services. Visit Meld’s About Us page for more information about the organisation.