LOVE everything social? Up to two positions are available for students who wish to gain experience in the area of social media and/or digital marketing.
As a not-for-profit new media outlet dedicated to providing training and real work experience to give students a head start in their careers, we’re very excited to announce new positions for the role of social community manager at Meld.
Up to two positions are available for capable candidates who are passionate about creating conversations online and engaging with the international student community.
The ideal candidate will be a digital native who understands the relevance of social media to our audience. In this role, the community manager will be responsible for:
- Crafting campaigns and strategies to engage and grow our online community of friends, fans and followers
- Creating meaningful conversations with the international student community through our social channels
- Identifying relevant influencers online
- Reaching out to bloggers and online influencers
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about reaching international students
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Good time management skills
- Digital native who is up-to-date with online trends and the constantly evolving social media landscape
- Basic graphic design skills an advantage
Internships are designed as structured pieces of work that the intern will own and is ideal for students looking to gain experience in the area of social media and/or digital marketing. Guidance will also be provided to ensure a rewarding learning experience.
Internships are unpaid and will have flexible work arrangements. Interns are expected to commit one afternoon a week for a period of three months. Days and time are negotiable.
To confirm your interest, please email a CV, covering letter and recent academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 November 2012.
**Based in Carlton, Meld Magazine was incorporated as an independent not-for-profit media outlet in September 2008 to reach out to international students in Melbourne, and provide students the opportunity to gain real work experience. The founders of this magazine include present and former international students from various industries, including media and marketing, business, law and international student services. Visit Meld’s About Us page for more information about the organisation.