IF you’re serious about academia and giving back to your local community, you may be eligible to receive a cash scholarship thanks to the Tertiary Scholarship Fund. Find out how you can enter.
Consider yourself an all-round top student? An exemplary member of your community? The ace of your cohort?
To support and reward students who excel in their academics, the Tertiary Scholarship Fund — a non-discriminatory scholarship first established in 2005 to encourage students to take their studies seriously and further engage them in community participation — is giving local and international students alike the chance to receive further funding in life and in their studies.
Students who can prove that they have a drive to perform well in academia and who can demonstrate qualities that make them an invaluable member to their community will be rewarded with one of five cash scholarships worth a total of $13,000:
- Excellence Award (with a 1st, 2nd a 3rd place award)
- Community Award
- Overseas Students’ Award
In order to be qualify for the Tertiary Scholarship Fund, students will need to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be in their second year or above of tertiary study
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time at an accredited tertiary institution in Victoria
- Applicants need to have maintained an average of 70 points for four subjects across two semesters
- If applicants are applying as a post-graduate candidate by research, they need to submit a transcript of their final undergraduate degree results
Once you’ve applied, selection will be assessed and reviewed by a panel made up of academic staff and community leaders.
This panel’s criteria for judgement will be based on the applicants’ academic excellence, voluntary community service and later a personal interview with shortlisted candidates.
Applications for the Tertiary Scholarship Fund will close on Sunday, July 31 and can be submitted via the fund’s online form over at its official website or by post to Tertiary Scholarship Fund, 241 Swanston St, Melbourne, VIC 3000.
To find out more about the Tertiary Scholarship Fund, visit its official Facebook page. Alternatively, have a read of our exclusive story on the origins of the fund when we interviewed its founder Mr Yin Choi Lam.