WANT to make a difference to the community and develop leadership and workplace skills at the same time? Up to 30 international student ambassadors are being sought to lead a peer-to-peer support program to improve awareness of students’ rights at work.
Meld Community/Meld Magazine is pleased to be working with the Victorian Government to facilitate conversations with international students in Victoria about their work rights and empower them to take a stand against work exploitation.
We are looking for 30 passionate international student ambassadors interested to lead a ‘Work Right’ peer-to-peer support program to improve the awareness of international students and their rights at work, and how to receive assistance and support.
Ambassadors will be represented across private and public education institutions in Victoria as well as countries, particularly from:
- Latin America (esp. Brazil, Colombia)
We are also seeking student representation from other regions including Malaysia, South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia and Hong Kong.
As a student ambassador, your role will be to:
- Represent your education institution as well as cultural community to provide input into key student experiences and concerns regarding work rights and exploitation
- Attend an introduction and briefing session to understand the program and its objectives
- Work as part of a team to develop campaigns targeting different segments of the international student community over a two-day human-centred design thinking workshop
- Partner with stakeholders to implement your team’s campaign
- Evaluate the outcomes of your team’s campaign
- Reflect on your own experience and learnings through this program
This is an invaluable opportunity to make a difference to the international student community, develop leadership as well as workplace skills, beef up your resume, gain exposure to the international student sector as well as government, and build some meaningful connections along the way.
In recognition of your contribution, student ambassadors will also receive a $150 stipend in the form of a gift voucher and a certificate of participation from the Victorian Government upon the conclusion of the campaign.
Sign up to be a Student Ambassador by filling in our online application form by
29 August 4 September 2016.
Need more information?
If you have questions, or would like more information on this campaign, please contact:
Meld Projects Officer
Phone: 0415 101 780
Amber Ziye Wang
Work Right Program Coordinator
Phone: 0467 544 547