Long days in the classroom and studying often leave most international students exhausted come evening. It’s the norm for students to feel too tired to properly cook meals when they come home and then clean them up. It’s also easy to want to succumb to a diet of instant noodles.
But fear not! We understand the struggle of wanting a healthy meal and having no time and energy. Therefore, we have put together four easy-to-make recipes that only require the use of a microwave to get everything ready in almost instant fashion.
Easy Ham, Egg & Cheese Wrap
Are you a cheese lover? This super quick, easy to make and delicious wrap is perfect for you!
- One wrap of your choice
- One egg
- One cheese
- One ham
- Put an egg in a bowl, scatter some salt, butter and then put it into the microwave for about two or three minutes (adjust time depending on power of your microwave).
- Prepare the wrap by laying ham and cheese on top of it
- Microwave the wrap, ham and cheese to make it hot
- Lay the egg on top of the melted cheese and ham wrap
- Roll the wrap and enjoy!
Ginger Fresh Milk
Do you like ginger? Ever thought it may be a great ingredient to add to milk? Ginger is not only really healthy in that it helps to clears out toxins in your body, but it can also have an interesting flavour when combined with fruit and milk.
- 100ml milk
- 3g ginger
- 5g white sugar
- Fruit of your choice (eg. strawberries)
- Cut up the ginger and fruit.
- Add sugar and ginger to the milk.
- Put the milk into the microwave and heat for about about two minutes (adjust time depending on power of your microwave).
- Remove the ginger from the milk
- Add the fruit you like to the milk and enjoy the magical taste!
Are you sick of eating instant noodles when you’re too tired to cook? Try out this recipe which has all the flavour and none of the MSG. Just two steps and five minutes to give you all the energy you need! You can add different ingredients every time to this dish and make your every meals taste delicious.
- One egg
- One pack of udon noodles
- Some Nori
- Some Beef rolls
- Soy sauce
- Put noodles and beef rolls in a bowl.
- Put the egg in the bowl.
- Pour a little soy sauce.
- Put the bowl in the microwave around five minutes.
- Garnish with some nori and enjoy!
Vegetables are important to keep yourself healthy. Steamed vegetables are often cooked in a pot. But have you tried to cook them in a microwave? It’s quicker and just as healthy as regular steamed vegetables if you have no time to cook!
- One broccoli
- Some carrots
- One cauliflower
- A little bit of salt
- A bowl of hot water
- Soy sauce or a salad dressing of your choice
- Chop, wash and prepare vegetables
- Put all the vegetables in a bowl and add some hot water.
- Put the bowl into the microwave for ten minutes (adjust time depending on power of your microwave)
- Get the bowl out and season with soy sauce or the dressing of your choice and pepper.
This story was produced by Media and Communication students at Trinity College Foundation Studies as part of Meld’s community newsroom collaboration. Education institutions, student clubs/societies and community groups interested in being involved can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.