Know an amazing international student or graduate? Someone who has positively contributed to their community, is committed to his or her studies and essentially embodies the ideals of what an amazing international student could be? Or perhaps an education provider that has done right by you? Consider nominating them for a Victorian International Education Award!
Applications for this year’s prestigious Victorian International Education Awards have now opened, giving students the opportunity to nominate someone they know and reward them for their hard work, academic achievements and community contribution.
Award winners in the international student category will receive $10,000 which can be used towards their studies at an educational institute in Victoria. The recipient of the coveted Premier’s Award – International Student of the Year meanwhile will receive an additional $10,000.
Which fields are available for nomination?
Awards that students or graduates can be nominated for include the following:
- Premier’s Award for the International Student of the Year
- International Student of the Year – English Language Training
- International Student of the Year – Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- International Student of the Year – Higher Education
- International Student of the Year – Research
- International Student of the Year – Regional
- International Alumnus of the Year
- Victorian Student of the Year – Internationalisation
Providers can also be nominated for an award in the following fields:
- Excellence in International Education – TAFE
- Excellence in International Education – University
- Excellence in International Education – English Language
- Excellence in International Education – Private Education and Training
- Excellence in International Student Experience
- Excellence in International Student Employability and Career Development
- Excellence in Innovation in Partnership and International Engagement
How can I apply?
Applications can be made at the awards’ online portal, located on the Study Melbourne website.
But hurry! Applications will close on Sunday, June 17 at midnight. Applying students need to be currently enrolled at a Victorian education institution (unless you’re an alumni applying for the International Alumnus of the Year award). Furthermore, proof of a student visa must be given when applying.
Further conditions for applications can also be found at Study Melbourne’s official website.